Friday, December 17, 2010

Think of the Chil'ren and Prayer Shawls

So I volunteer at a Non-Profit named Bay Area Young Positives (Bay Poz for short) and  I put a call out for some fellow knitters to help make some scarves for some clients for the new year. WE have had a horrible cold snap in The City the past month and since alot of our members are between homes right now I thought a scarf drive would be nice....everyone deserves a warm scarf right? well today the first of what I'm hoping around 30 scarves have come in...I'm so excited I could just spit...

And I think I found a place to donate these shawls I have been knitting up. A friend Kim is the Activities Director for a local elderly home, so I figured I would join up with her to hand them out...Shawls and lap blankets these are my current projects, so far its going rather nicely I'm enjoying it...hopefully both of these end well. I will keep you all updated on my progress. If you wanna make anything for either project just let me know and I'll hook you up with the mailing address :-)

Later Pandas!

No comments: