Thursday, October 14, 2010

GREAT NEWS....

I made a scarf. I I know what your thinking...a scarf?!?!?! You seen me knit crazy lacy awesome socks and out there fair isle...so why the hell am I excited about a scarf. well its my first FO in around 3-4 months.... I know right. No matter what I started I couldnt finish it. I couldnt sit down and make someone else's project...so I fianlly frogged the Vogue socks I was workign on and casted on a simple X and O cabled scarf and it turned out GREAT. I held together a strand of purple Cherry Tree Hill and Lime Green Malibrigo sock weights and its FAN-DAMN-TASTIC lol I will be weaing the ends in here ina few min when i find my darning needles and blocking it but its a fun simple scarf and im VERY excited about it.

Knitters block is something I always hear about but I never really had it untill now. I'm SO glad to be over it and designing and knitting again. I was getting so frustrated, pick a project, cast on, knit a few inches, frog it...and repeat. No matter what I wanted to make it just didnt turn out. But now I have a new scarf, at the usual 8-10 feet with enough yarn left to make me some matching wrist warmers....

hmmm...

maybe some End Paper Mitts....;-)

No comments: