Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Thursday, May 22, 2008
And I want to get this going down side
Come un lampo di vita
Come un pazzo gridare
Del delittuoso grido
Bella ruggente pena,
Come la rabbia di amar
Come un assalto di gioia
I see a spark of life shining
I hear a young minstrel sing
Beautiful roaring scream
Of joy and sorrow,
There is a love in me raging
Update I found the font I want and here is a preview of the font...thoughts?
Friday, May 16, 2008
CRAZY GUYS! you are AMAZING!!!!!
You have no idea how happy I am right now…I could just POOP! Well not right here…that would be kinda messy! But I cant believe in just under 2 weeks we raised 5K…
I think this is going to have to be a yearly giveaway to make mad moneys for the ride LOL...
for all of you that havnt donated yet feel free to still give all you want, I dont have the drawing till the 28, so you still have a chance to enter!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
I know I'm a geek...don't judge me...
But the reason I say this is becasue a freind of mine is giving me her entire X-Files series on DVD because she is moving and is trying to get read of alot of things that she doesnt need/want/watch...
I am rather excited over this...
And after watching a few of them last night I have to ask the all im portant question...
David Duchovny why wont you love me?
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Monday, May 12, 2008
I wanted a cute sweater to wear around camp, and I wanted it to be a cardigan and after searching thru a few sites I re-found Kumo. I broke out all that Adrienne Vittadini I got for a buck a ball down at Mass Ave, and started into it...Of course its black :-p
I'm still trying to decied if I want to keep or change out the back motif...hmmmm
I'm Dup. Stitching it on either way so I have till I finish the thing to decide what I want to do with it...
Pics as soon as I find my Digi Cord!
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Song of the day...
AMERICAN BOY by Estelle...
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Saturday, May 3, 2008
how it would work is the winner will send me a list of their fav yarns/colors/weights/needles/things they need/fibers you want to roll around in i.e cashmere…whatever and if we have it in shop its YOURS!
its $10 a entry and all the money is going toward the Aids Life Cycle, which I’m biking out here in around 28 days to do…
Incase you dont know the ride is 555 miles and it is to raise money for HIV/AIDS research. And every bit you can spare to help bight this horrible plague the beter…plus one of you is going to get a free shopping spree ;-)
• An estimated 2.5 million people will become infected with HIV this year.
• More than 20 million have died from AIDS since the epidemic’s beginning.
33 million currently live with HIV, including 2.5 million children.
• 95% of those living with HIV reside in developing nations,
• 50% of those living with HIV are women, 80% of whom are married or
with one partner.
• For every person starting antiretrovirals, 3 go without,
and 3 more become infected.
• An estimated 9,000 Californians will become infected with HIV this year.
• Approximately 85,600 have died of AIDS since the epidemic’s beginning.
160,000 currently live with HIV.
• California ranks second in the nation in cumulative AIDS cases, surpassed
only by New York.
• 73% of all HIV/AIDS cases occur among gay and bisexual men.
(Far exceeding 59% nationally.)
• Although African-Americans comprise only 6.75% of the state, they account
for 19% of those living with HIV/AIDS.
• An estimated 1,000 people in San Francisco will become infected with
HIV this year.
• Approximately 18,400 have died of AIDS since the epidemic’s beginning.
18,700 currently live with HIV.
• 90% of new infections are among gay and bisexual men.
• Gay men who use methamphetamine are 2-4 times more likely to be
• Although African-Americans comprise only 9.6% of the city’s population,
they account for nearly 21% of those living with HIV.
• An estimated 2,000 people in Los Angeles will become infected with
HIV this year.
• Nearly 30,000 have died in Los Angeles of AIDS since the epidemic’s
beginning. An estimated 58,000 currently live with HIV.
• Nearly 46% of California’s total cumulative HIV/AIDS diagnoses have
occurred in Los Angeles.
• 71% of those living with AIDS are gay or bisexual men.
• An estimated 53,000 Americans will become infected with HIV this year.
• Approximately 550,000 have died of AIDS since the epidemic’s beginning.
1.2 million currently live with HIV, including 10,000 children. 25% are
unaware of their status.
• Half of all new infections occur in individuals 25 years old or younger.
• African Americans, although comprising only 12% of the population,
account for 50% of new infections.
• In general, racial and ethnic minorities account for 64% of those living with
HIV, and 72% of AIDS deaths.
So what do you think…
all you ahve to do is go donate HERE which is my riding homapage, and make sure you leave a not stating that you are from ravelry so I know who is elegible for the credit…
Good luck to everyone!
Friday, May 2, 2008
and a close up of one the the trees...
yea flowers...Spring is finally here...
AND not to mention spring he here...but also elections...
That bus has been here for 3 days...Eletion Express bus...to inform the country about how Indianapolis is handling the elections this year...*sigh*...microscope anyone?
But ona lighter note the Radical Lace and Subversive Knitting art exhibit is in town so of course I worked it opening day...and took fun quick pics of a few of my fav peices...
These sweaters are made by a woman from Bloomington...YAY for HOOSIERS!
I LOVE this dress, its made out of 800, $1 bills ...its worth $20,000 who wants to buy it for me?