So I work ay my LYS and she pays us with yarn…so since I have been knitting alot of things I already had the yarn for my credit is getting kinda high…$150 from last night and I was thinking that I might just have to raffle this off…
how it would work is the winner will send me a list of their fav yarns/colors/weights/needles/things they need/fibers you want to roll around in i.e cashmere…whatever and if we have it in shop its YOURS!
its $10 a entry and all the money is going toward the Aids Life Cycle, which I’m biking out here in around 28 days to do…
Incase you dont know the ride is 555 miles and it is to raise money for HIV/AIDS research. And every bit you can spare to help bight this horrible plague the beter…plus one of you is going to get a free shopping spree ;-)
• An estimated 2.5 million people will become infected with HIV this year.
• More than 20 million have died from AIDS since the epidemic’s beginning.
33 million currently live with HIV, including 2.5 million children.
• 95% of those living with HIV reside in developing nations,
• 50% of those living with HIV are women, 80% of whom are married or
with one partner.
• For every person starting antiretrovirals, 3 go without,
and 3 more become infected.
• An estimated 9,000 Californians will become infected with HIV this year.
• Approximately 85,600 have died of AIDS since the epidemic’s beginning.
160,000 currently live with HIV.
• California ranks second in the nation in cumulative AIDS cases, surpassed
only by New York.
• 73% of all HIV/AIDS cases occur among gay and bisexual men.
(Far exceeding 59% nationally.)
• Although African-Americans comprise only 6.75% of the state, they account
for 19% of those living with HIV/AIDS.
• An estimated 1,000 people in San Francisco will become infected with
HIV this year.
• Approximately 18,400 have died of AIDS since the epidemic’s beginning.
18,700 currently live with HIV.
• 90% of new infections are among gay and bisexual men.
• Gay men who use methamphetamine are 2-4 times more likely to be
• Although African-Americans comprise only 9.6% of the city’s population,
they account for nearly 21% of those living with HIV.
• An estimated 2,000 people in Los Angeles will become infected with
HIV this year.
• Nearly 30,000 have died in Los Angeles of AIDS since the epidemic’s
beginning. An estimated 58,000 currently live with HIV.
• Nearly 46% of California’s total cumulative HIV/AIDS diagnoses have
occurred in Los Angeles.
• 71% of those living with AIDS are gay or bisexual men.
• An estimated 53,000 Americans will become infected with HIV this year.
• Approximately 550,000 have died of AIDS since the epidemic’s beginning.
1.2 million currently live with HIV, including 10,000 children. 25% are
unaware of their status.
• Half of all new infections occur in individuals 25 years old or younger.
• African Americans, although comprising only 12% of the population,
account for 50% of new infections.
• In general, racial and ethnic minorities account for 64% of those living with
HIV, and 72% of AIDS deaths.
So what do you think…
all you ahve to do is go donate HERE which is my riding homapage, and make sure you leave a not stating that you are from ravelry so I know who is elegible for the credit…
Good luck to everyone!